- Great for accurate linear positioning
- Superior response time
- High force for stopping
- Holding in e-stop and power-off situations
- Low backlash for accurate position holding
- Brake geometry is similar to linear bearing cassettes for easy installation
- Provides stiffness and eliminates vibration in linear drives
Motion Drives & Controls can supply the full Nexen RB Series of linear profile guide rail brakes that use spring force to secure the load in holding applications. Each RB brake clamps directly onto the center of the guide rail to provide positive braking and holding in all axes, with no effect on bearing surfaces. These profile rail brakes hold position accurately by reducing drive train backlash and elasticity
INDUSTRY 4.0 SOLUTION Nexen’s Rail Brake Operating Mode Sensors for either Engagement or Disengagement are Industry 4.0 compatible and can provide information to maximize machine efficiency.
Nexen’s Spring Engaged, Air Released Rail Brakes are safety certified to comply with international safety standard ISO 13849-1. Category Level up to 4 and Performance Level up to e, able to be achieved using NexSafe™ products in recommended configuration.