Coremo Brakes Replacement and Digital Tension Control System Upgrade
A long-standing component customer of Motion Drives & Controls was experiencing high levels of scrap due to poorly performing Coremo Brakes fitted to two unwinds on their main coating line. The line needed to run at slow speeds due to the nature of their curing process, and the Coremo brakes were juddering and non-linear when adjusted. Motion Drives & Controls was asked to find a solution to this problem, and they proposed replacing the brakes and adding a new closed loop digital tension control system to improve the performance of the braking system.
The old system consisted of Coremo Brakes that were fitted to two unwinds on the customer's main coating line. The brakes were not performing well, causing juddering and non-linear adjustments. This resulted in high levels of scrap, which was costly for the customer.
- High levels of scrap due to poor brake performance
- Non-linear adjustments causing juddering and inconsistent performance
- Increased costs due to waste and inefficiency
Motion Drives & Controls replaced the poorly performing Coremo Brakes with a new braking system. In addition, they added a closed loop digital tension control system to improve the performance of the braking system. This new system has been in operation for 12 months and has proven to be highly effective, saving the customer £65,000.00 in reduced scrap. The system paid for itself in a matter of a few weeks.
The success of this project demonstrates the effectiveness of Motion Drives & Controls' solutions in improving efficiency and reducing waste. The customer is now considering further improvements to their line to continue their drive for better efficiency and lower scrap.
- Significant reduction in scrap, saving the customer £65,000.00 over 12 months
- Improved performance with the addition of a closed loop digital tension control system
- Quick return on investment, with the system paying for itself in a few weeks
- Increased efficiency, leading the customer to consider further improvements to the line