Motion Drives & Controls can supply the full range of Nexen Ball Screw Brakes that encompass a high-torque, spring-engaged brake acting on the machined end of a ball screw. They serve as a primary or redundant safety brake to prevent back driving if a power loss or mechanical defect occurs in the driveline.
The low backlash and coupling combination provides a a high degree of accuracy for holding ball screw position. An expanding shaft/clamping hub coupling connects the brake shaft to the end of the ball screw. This coupling comes with an elastomer insert with high torsional stiffness.
- Low backlash for precision holding
- Spring engaged, air released Low inertia
- High torsional rigidity
- Bidirectional braking
- Fast engagement
- Meets IP67 dust and waterproof standards
- Operates in vertical and horizontal applications
- Allows thermal expansion of ball screw