Motion Drives & Controls are a distribution partner of MWM Frenifrizioni who are based out of Milan, Italy.
MWM produce the following types of brakes:
- Multiple disc (or multidisc) – designed mainly for use in oil baths or low-medium speed dry applications
- Single disc – used only dry.
- Caliper brakes – when the mass to be braked requires large discs
The modular versions have one or more calipers operated simultaneously or separately.
The control can be manual, hydraulic, pneumatic or electromagnetic.
They can operate in two different ways:
- Spring released when the control generates the necessary braking effect
- Spring applied when braking is achieved without control, which causes the brake to disengage. These are mainly used as safety or holding brakes.